Monday, June 17, 2013

Ack, forced to use twitter with the annoying "1" after it, since my google account of the same name isn't returning my icon, merely the default image. Anyway on topic, I feel as if for many players we are robbed by so much of the lore taking place off screen. I wouldn't know the first place to go to start looking for a comic. I've read a few of the books and while they have certainly enhanced my appreciation of the game, without that missing link, I wouldn't care as much as I do about wow or what happens within it as I do now. I feel as if there should be a more active presence in game as to what's taking place off screen, otherwise the game itself loses something.

As a caveat of my own point I wanted to add that so much of the dragon aspect stuff felt lost on me this expansion that I just didn't care about Death-Wing as a major figure. Ironically it was me going back to sell world of warcraft accounts work on netherwing dailies to acquire my drakes that finally made any of the original bosses in Cata's launch make any sense to me. Lore doesn't have to be boring cut scenes in the middle of a boss fight or long drawn out quests. Just seeing NPC's approach each other and begin interacting is often enough to gather my attention.

"That said, I'm not sure how this could better be resolved in-game. I am thinking maybe with questlines...but not buying wow accounts everyone likes quests. Cut scenes might work...but not everyone likes them either." Well, they could do it in books, but not everyone likes them...oh wait!

I really think they just need to at least have little triggered cutscenes for us in-game, but more like the ones you get after your server downed the Lich King or Deathwing; stuff that you choose to watch or not.  Plus they already have that guy who just stands there moping by Magni, he'd be perfect to have his cutscene, and he was even an eyewitness so it makes more sense than a statue or Chromie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment